Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My first garden...progress


Lettuce...I have three heads even though they are not in season

Looks empty, but it won't be for long. This bed has lettuce, cantaloupe and squash


This bed has radish, carrots, tomatoes, beans, cilantro, basil, cucumber and peppers


Well, I don't have the best green thumb, but I have been dying to have a garden. Nothing is better than fresh veggies and fruit. So, my friend and I are trying the square foot garden method. This is where you section off the garden in one by one foot squares. Through this method you will be able to plant more variety all year long. It looks neat too. Though I am new to this, I have already found that I put way too many seeds in the ground so I just recently learned how to "thin" my garden! At 35 weeks pregnant and with some Alabama heat, it was quite the experience! My radishes are almost ready to eat and I have been loving the basil. I am looking forward to eating the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment