Friday, January 2, 2015

Projects on the cheap

I have been working on decorating on the cheap.  A challenge to myself to repurpose things and have fun doing it.  Pintrest usually becomes the first place I look for ideas.  As my dad would call it "Pins I stole."  I simply say "repined with a twist".  And, some of these projects I create on my own.  It does take practice!

This was a broken coat stand that was missing the coat stand pole.  I glued it back together and added some paint and ta-da! I have been looking for the perfect umbrella stand for awhile and now I have it!  Project cost $3

We have a huge basement full of white walls that I needed to temporarily give some life too.  Here I took scrapbooking paper and taped it up to make wall paper in the kids play area.  It really brightened the area.  Project cost $5

Here it is all completed!

This flower and paper plane mobile was a fun project.  



I just had to add this because her face is too cute.  She was pretty excited about all the organization happening in the play area.

This is the reading area.  I painted the shadows this past summer and I think they do a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment