Saturday, October 22, 2011

Super Mom...

Well, that is what I feel like these days. Kidding. For as long as I can remember I have struggled with the joy of cooking. I LOVE to bake everything and anything, but cooking has just not been my favorite thing to do. Then came Noah. It got not only tough to find things to cook for two picky eaters, but finding the time was hard. Now, with two kids I find time to be even more scarce. So, I have looked at all my options: Hire a personal chef, order in daily, freezer cook, or just stop eating. Hmmm...tough choice. I chose the personal chef, however my checkbook reminded me that I should probably choose again.
So, I began the journey of dabbling in crock pot cooking. The problem for me is that most of the recipes I found online were just not something my family would eat. In conversation with my dear friend Sandra, she handed me a book that changed my (and my family's) life. It is called "Fix it Fast, Cook it Slow" Apparently this author devoted herself to crock pot cooking for a whole year and started a blog to track it. Now it is the most visited site for crock pot users and her book is full of the best meals. All I can say is AMAZING! Each week I pick 7 recipes and we try them out. I have yet to find something that my family won't eat. We have done chicken pot pie, pulled pork sandwiches, spaghetti, cheeseburger soup, chicken tacos...and so on. I truly can say I have not turned on my oven in over three weeks. It feels so good to know that when dinner time comes around in our house I have something warm and yummy to offer, and a variety at that! I have found a new passion for cooking...well crock potting that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment