Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today I Am Blessed

Today I wake up groggy and stumble out of bed at 4:20am to head to the daily grind at the gym. Not feeling particularly excited to spend the next hour of my life lifting and sweating...but it's what I've got to do. I finish, say goodbye to my classmates and enjoy the peaceful ride home as the sun is making it's appearance. When I arrive home, my son is anxiously awaiting my arrival with his sippy cup of milk in hand. His cheerful smile and brilliant eyes greet me as I toss my gym bag to the floor and scoop him up. "Hi Mommy!" he squeals. "Good Morning baby" I reply. He quickly jumps out of my arms to search for daddy. We finish our morning routine of breakfast, diaper changes and showers and head out the door. Today we are schedule to do childcare at the gym for three hours. Deep in thought of what the next three hours might bring, I am interrupted by a small voice in the back seat. "Twinkle, Twinkle Star...Twinkle, Twinkle Star..." The precious voice in the back seat interrupts my thoughts and I concentrate on his song in amazement. At this moment, I realize that of all the matters in this world that I concern myself, none are truly as important as this. I have been given a very special gift, which is a daily blessing. I am a mother and a wife to two very special people. To me, that means stopping in the moment and enjoying all the details of the day, including my little one singing in the back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment