Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!

A year ago today at 1:28pm this sweet bundle of joy joined our family. Not knowing if you were going to be a "he" or "she" I remember being so excited for the big push. "It's a girl!" was the wonderful announcement I immediately heard from Dave. Followed by many tears I held my little 7lb daughter. Knowing that the journey following this day would be full of adventures unlike any, and it truly has been amazing. Today I reminisce and can hardly wrap my mind around how fast time has flown by and all that you have accomplished. From your first cry to your first laugh, tooth, crawl, bite of food, hand clapping and boo boo, each moment is forever ingrained in my heart. It is fun to tell people that we will always share our special day and joke about you being my birthday gift, but the truth is, you are a special gift-handmade by god. I am so grateful to be your mother and I want you to know that I will always love you. (even when you are a teenager and are reading this!) At this moment you are 29lbs and sporting your size five diaper and 2t clothing, a far cry from the newborn you started, and it reminds me that you are growing faster than I can blink. I am excited to watch you continue to grow, yet enjoying all the slobbery kisses I can get. Happy birthday my sweet girl. Thank you for blessing our lives !
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment