Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy 5 Months




Dear Noah,
Today you are 5 months old, I can hardly believe it. Last night I got up for your 3am feeding to find you playing with your Ocean Wonders Aquarium that you somehow turned on, while you held your feet. So talented. As you lay there in my arms stretched out past your boppy pillow enjoying your bottle, I reminise of your first few days of life. A tiny helpless and dependent little one, so the opposite of the independent boy you have become. As you reach for your own bottle, I just pray that you will let me hold it a little longer.
I so enjoy your laugh as I tickle you and your scream of delight as you discover new things. You are growing so quickly, already doubling your birth weight and outgrowing your wardrobe. It is so hard to pack your clothes away knowing that you will never return to this size.
Today your dad and I gave you your first taste of rice cereal. It was surreal to watch you eat from a spoon. I don't think you minded the freedom and taste. You were, however, a bit shocked at having to swallow the cereal. We have so many cute pictures to tease you with. You are such a big boy.
I have so enjoyed these past five months with you. You have inspired me and made me enjoy life so much more. I can't wait to see what you are going to do in the next 5 months.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment