Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mothers Heart

I loved you from the very start,You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun,You're part of me my little one.
As mother with child, each day I grew, My mind was filled with thoughts of you.
I'd daydream of the things we'd share,Like late-night bottles and Teddy bears.

Like first steps and skinned knees,Like bedtime stories and ABC's.
I thought of things you'd want to know,Like how birds fly and flowers grow.
I thought of lessons I'd need to share,Like standing tall and playing fair.

When I first saw your precious face,I prayed your life be touched with grace.
I thanked the angels from above, And promised you unending love.
Each night I lay you down to sleep,I gently kiss your head and cheek.

I count your little fingers and toes;I memorize your eyes and nose.
I linger at your nursery door, Awed each day I love you more.
Through misty eyes, I dim the light,I whisper, "I love you" every night.

I loved you from the very start,You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
As mother and child our journeys begin, My heart's yours forever little one.

---Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment