Friday, August 2, 2013

Half Way There

We are half way through this trip.  105 days is a very long time to be apart.  Though I am so thankful that we are not doing this for a straight year.  I feel like our family and each member in it has stretched to new heights, accomplished new things and suffered in various ways.  I have found myself doing things I never thought I could, yet I have learned that I need to learn to take time to rest.  It is hard to do that while wearing 50 hats.  I can say, I am not near as good as a daddy, carpenter, or wrestler as david.  I constantly have to remind him that when he leaves our world spins a different direction.  Typically the kids save their illnesses for this time, and my body starts to fall apart.  It is such a reminder for me that I need to remember who is in control and let go so God can do his work.  If anything, I think that is what God needs me to learn from these trips.  Let go, Let God.  Apparently I am a slow learner, but I am coming around.  It only has taken 4 trips!  As I sit here, missing my husband and longing for my family to be a whole unit again, I am encouraged and thankful for all that I have.  Counting down the days until it's back together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment