Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Just like Adam and Eve

Terrible threes, not twos.  Let me set the record straight.  It is not so much the tantrums that the twos invite as much as the independent nature which brings all the back talk and attitude.  However, with all the attitude comes some very funny conversations for later in life.  Here is a great example:
While attempting to get my very independent three year old ready I (sigh) repeated myself again with "Please get dressed".  As I realized that he was going to ignore me, I sternly stated "Noah, if I have to ask you again, you will be punished".  He quickly turned, looked at me with a very serious expression, and replied with "Like God punished Adam and Eve?" Biting my tongue I further probed with  "What do you mean?" Noah quickly stated "You know mom.  They ate the fruit off the tree that God told them not to and then they got punished.  And that is what you are going to do to me."

Though this conversation is comical.  I am greatly encouraged that both this season of challenge will be over soon and that my child is retaining all that I am teaching him.  Despite the attitude I often receive, I  am in continue encouragement and prayer that my precious little boy is growing  to know his Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment